Photo by David Bird 12 Feb 2018
The current list of workshops for this season is listed below. For enquiries or more information please contact Andy Mayson
23rd April 2018 Macro Photography
Leader: Phil Jupp (From Petersfield club)
Basic principles and equipment and introduce some of the nice to have equipment. Review of images to discuss the challenges of lighting and the solutions that are readily available to us all as well as dedicated equipment.
After tea we will have 5 or 6 sets that members can try their hand at photographing. As some members will not have macro lenses so demonstrate what can be done with normal equipment. Who ever comes will be able to take photos and learn from the experience.
30th April Nature Photography Workshop
This workshop has been re-scheduled to 30 April.
Leaders: John Wichall and Gordon Rae.
John will deal primarily with fauna and Gordon with flora. They will include sections on long lens photography as well as close-up photography, concentrating on the type of kit that most of us have or can aspire to, rather than specialist kit. They will also talk about good places to go and take nature photographs.
At the committee meeting of 25th September 2017 Andy Mayson was asked to co-ordinate workshops for the club. The information below captures the ideas discussed in the committee.
Members should feed back to Andy Mayson at a club evening, on 07920 825658 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshops would be: –
- As a general rule, ‘hands on’, practical, ‘bring your kit’ sessions,
- Held on ‘non-club’ Mondays or Saturday afternoons/ evenings to suit members,
- Held inside or out, depending on the subject matter,
- Charged for, when the club incurs costs, but only to meet costs,
- Not generally targeted at the entire membership but will be to meet specific requirements of some members,
- External or Internal.
An ‘External’ Workshop would be: –
- Integrated with the main club programme and hence planned about a year in advance,
- Led by external experts, possibly those who have done lectures for us on a regular club evening as a ‘hands-on’ follow up session,
- Aimed primarily at the more advanced members of the club but would be open to all and larger than internal workshops,
- Typically held in the club venue or something similar,
- Planned to include specialist or ‘aspire-to’ kit e.g. studio lights,
- More expensive for club members,
- Open to external attendees at a fee.
An Internal Workshop would be: –
- Arranged at relatively short notice, independent of the main programme, based on subject matter that is requested by club members,
- Led by experienced members,
- Aimed at sharing the basic knowledge of photography and kit that is already known in the club,
- Generally aimed at ‘normal’ kit that most people have, or can borrow within the club,
- Ideally be held in the club venue or a pub, if this was more appropriate e.g. for an outside shoot,
- Limited in attendance depending on the subject matter (target 8 to 10 people).